Santa Maria Style BBQ is one of the hallmarks of Central Coast food and the salsa is part of what makes it unique. It's a bit like a pico de gallo, but not quite. While there's dozens of perfectly acceptable recipes for it online, we decided to put our own spin on it.
Tools & supplies
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board & knife
- Mason jars with lids for storage or gifting
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed & minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and diced
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- A couple pinches black pepper
Just Mix & Serve
Combine your ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Refrigerate covered/sealed for at least one hour before serving.